The monastery soon suffered with the flooding of the Mondego River and, because of that, was subjected to architectural adaptations. In 1677 the nuns finally changed their location to a new building, on higher ground and the first convent became known as Santa Clara-a-Velha (Old Santa Clara).
After a formidable process of requalification, this National Monument and Archaeological Site (14th to the 17th century) gained an Interpretation Centre. Tourists can now visit the ruins and the archaeological site, watch films and virtual modelling.
Audioguides - Available in 4 languages: Portuguese, English, French and Spanish (cost 1,50 ?)
Guided and thematic tours - under previous reservation
Circuits suitable for the motor and visually impaired
Shop with exclusive products and coffee shop (meals and regional confectionary) with outdoor seating.
Acesso ao Recurso
Actividades desenroladas dentro do recurso turístico
Study and Research
Taking pictures and filming
Serviços actuais dentro do Recurso
Adapted for Disabled
Sale of Handicrafts
Serviços correntes fora dos recursos turísticos
Selling food and / or drinks Kiosks
Fast Food Sale
Banks - ATMs
Cinemas and Theatres